Proposal Manager / Writers - POWERNET America is a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Minority Business Enterprise (SDVOSB, SDB and MBE) that focuses on enabling our government and business customers’ mission by anticipating their needs and outrunning their vision with innovative mission solutions and exceptional service.
POWERNET assists our clients in the achievement of their business objectives through the appropriate use of business processes and the implementation of information technology services to support the business. Use a disciplined “customer first” approach with certified project management and subject matter experts managing the project to achieve an on-time, under budget, and produce high-quality services.
POWERNET is a Cyber Security, Project Management, Application & Web Development and IT Management Consulting firm that provides services across the scope of your business, with a focus on cost savings to improve profitability.
Our core capabilities include POWERNET's technology experts and business professionals analyze research, design and implement solutions in the areas of:
• Cyber Security Services
• IT Management Consulting
• IT Security Management Services
• Internet Marketing (SEM)
• Program and Technical Management
• IT Project Management
• IT Planning, Policy, Architecture & Integration
• Software Application & Web, Design & Development
• Database Development & Administration
• Network Engineering and Administration
We are just starting out, so this is an opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference and working together to build a world class team to help build a great place to work. I am seeking the person who is a self-starter, and a focused Proposal Manager. If you want a journey and not a job, apply! Service Disabled Veterans are given preference.
Position: Proposal Manager
This is a position that will pay per performance during probationary period, then go to salary + bonus. Stock options may be given for the right individual.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Develops key business relationships in the government marketplace, with a primary responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion.
• Supports the development of customer or market penetration strategies and individual opportunity win strategies, account plans, technology development plans, and partnering strategies.
• Leads teams to develop and deliver various professional services solutions that are conveyed in whitepapers, demonstrations, proposals and other internally developed products used to identify, qualify and capture new business.
• Lead major capture efforts within the overall POWERNET business development and capture processes and policies.
• Position POWERNET with identified clients and provide business and competitive intelligence to, and work closely with, appropriate Business Development and Executive Management team members on new and re-compete business opportunities.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including other BD and capture team members, Proposal Managers, and Business Unit Executives and program management teams to ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of POWERNET capture strategies.
• Stay abreast of POWERNET technical offerings, successes, and breakthroughs and identify/develop opportunities to apply such capabilities to client requirements.
• Develop and implement creative capture strategies and assist in the preparation of winning proposals for our government clients.
• Assemble appropriate Capture Team personnel, and manage the direction of the core capture team.
• Assist in the development of successful pricing strategies, identifying risks, and interpreting solicitation requirements.
• Identify potential risks and develop avoidance and mitigation capture strategies.
• Ensure timely development and delivery of compliant, responsive, distinctive and integrated solutions and approaches.
• Ensure the development of proposal solutions that offer competitive distinction and executable approaches correlated with the Price-To-Win strategy.
• Develop and implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses
Company: Powernet America, Inc.
Salary: Salary + bonuses after probation period
Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 10 years direct Proposal management experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Direct experience leading the proposals of large deals ($50+ million) within the Federal government providing Information Technology Management, Cyber Security and/or Application & Web Development Services
• Candidate must have a demonstrated/verifiable track record of proven success in the design and implementation of sound proposals, plans and strategies.
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to think both tactically and strategically, and be able to communicate across the spectrum of levels of an organization, including demonstration of solid interpersonal, oral presentation, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Direct experience conducting market analysis, competitive positioning analysis, price to win analysis, and strategic business planning.
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of the Federal budgeting, acquisition, and procurement processes.
• Possess excellent written/verbal communications skills, presentation skills, organizational time management skills; and display a strong sales presence • Veteran & Service Disabled Veteran status with experience working with Redstone Arsenal contracting officers
• Capture Management training and experience applying Shipley and/or SM&A Capture methodology
• Security Clearance of Secret or greater or able to obtain.
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 10 years direct Proposal management experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.