CATV and Fiber Optic Construction Technician - Excellent opportunity for a CATV and Fiber Optic Construction Technician to join the CSU, Inc. team. As the premier single-source provider of a wide range of underground and aerial utilities construction projects, CSU, Inc. is committed to exceeding our client's expectations by completing projects safely, on-time, and within budget, making CSU, Inc. one of the most sought after utility contractors in the State of Indiana.
CSU, Inc's CATV and Fiber Optic Construction Technician will perform specialized technical duties that include, but are not limited to, the build, splice, test, and maintenance of CATV systems from node to tap; repair, maintenance, and installation of various fiber optic network components for Outside Plant and Inside Plant (OSP/ISP); aerial communication lineman tasks for coaxial cable and fiber optic systems for both new and existing applications; and provide 24x7 emergency response support. The CATV and Fiber Optic Construction Technician will demonstrate leadership by supervising small crews, the ability to follow complex directions, and the physical ability to perform the necessary aerial or ground tasks, helping to ensure that production is met and that projects are completed within schedule, budget, and scope.
For more information about CSU, Inc., visit us online at www.csucontracting.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as company policies, procedures, and industry best practices as outlined in the Company Handbook, Company Safety Manual, and Zero Tolerance Drug Policy.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the standards, materials, techniques, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of Coax and Fiber Optic OSP/ISP.
• Exhibit strong knowledge of MUX, CWDM, and DWDM design specifications.
• Able to read prints, splice matrix, and specification sheets.
• Skilled in the operation of specialized maintenance, testing, and fusion splicing equipment including Signal Level Meters, Fiber Optic Scope, and a Fiber OTDR.
• Proficiency in taking and understanding loss measurements and the ability to interpret test results.
• Install and repair Coaxial and Fiber Optic cable in a variety of environments.
• Install and test pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
• Demonstrate skill in Bucket Truck Operation.
• Perform OSP Construction, Pole Transfers, Strand Building, Cable Hanging, Lashing, and Make Readies.
• Construct and complete projects from stranding, cabling, and splicing all the way to testing.
• Supervise the work and safety of small crews to meet or exceed client quality expectations.
• Work performed conforms to client requirements and all regulations while meeting quality control expectations.
• Follow up on all details until the job is complete while adhering to all safety protocols.
• Completes appropriate documentation in a timely basis, including time sheets, all splicing and testing information per customer specifications, any other assigned documentation, and provides documentation to appropriate personnel.
• Be phone accessible during working and non working hours.
• Work towards obtaining or maintain a current Class A CDL license with air brakes
• All additional duties as assigned.
Company: CSU, Inc.
Requirements: PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to provide 24x7 emergency response support.
• Ability to travel as needed (minimum of 25%).
• Ability to climb utility poles.
• Ability to properly use safety equipment (PPE, Climb Harness, etc.).
• Ability to Operate Aerial Lifts, exercise ladder safety, and to work safely in a manhole environment.
• Ability to work both independently and with others as a team.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and quickly changing work environment with strict deadlines.
• Ability to hear, understand, and respond to verbal requests made in person, by radio, and over the telephone.
• Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Ability to stand 90% of the day, stoop, bend, walk, climb, reach, and stretch.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.?
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college with study in Telecommunications or Electronics preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Coaxial Cable and Fiber Optic Splicing experience in a construction environment required, three (3) or more years experience preferred.
• SCTE Certifications with field experience preferred.
• Experience with basic cable installation, splicing, and testing tools required.
• Current, Valid Driver's License required; CDL Class A with air breaks preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be detailed oriented.